CARE AND BE CARED FOR – THIS IS YOUR HOME
Are you an experienced healthcare practitioner with supervisory and leadership expertise looking to support a dynamic team to optimize their performance? Are you looking to make a difference in your community?You’re looking in the right place.
As a valued member of our Home and Community Care Support Services team, you will organize, coordinate, and supervise day to day operations of dedicated team/s within the Home and Community Care portfolio.
By applying your healthcare and supervisory experience, you will have the opportunity to impact lives in your community, enjoy a balanced lifestyle, and be part of a great team that makes care happen.
We are currently looking for a Regular Full-time Operations Lead!
What will you do?
As an essential member of the Home and Community Care team, reporting to the Manager, the Operations Lead will support the improvement of overall performance of the team. This will be accomplished by coordinating, providing knowledge exchange and developing skills and abilities with the goal of optimizing team performance. This role will focus on building system capacity for working with complex patients through integration across care partners. He/she will enable an environment of inter-professional practice integration that follows quality based and evidence-informed best practices within a patient-centered care philosophy. The Operational Lead works collaboratively with primary care, community provider teams, community partners, as well as Home and Community Care Teams, to help assess priorities, establish goals and develop program strategies with a focus on enhancing quality, safety and patient centered care. Specifically, the Operations Lead will:
• Maintain a regular presence within the assigned teams to provide coaching and mentorship for staff, oversee referral volume, flow and timing of assessments, and assist in addressing patient concerns.
• Ensure that standardized business processes are followed and completed as per policies and procedures.
• Perform scheduled audits to determine quality of assessments, documentation, and patient experience and business process adherence using established audit tools.
• Reports to the Manager, Home and Community Care issues related to performance to ensure staff meet quality standards, individual job performance expectations; and on-going staff development requirements.
• Develop and implement strategies to support identified quality improvement areas both at a team and individual level in collaboration with other Home and Community resources including the Manager.
• Participates and assists with staff performance reviews under the manager’s direction.
• Monitor trends and patterns in program activities, and referral types and work with the manager to design improvement plans.
• Collaborate with management team in developing and implementing program changes, as requested.
• Participate in quality improvement activities as requested.
• Monitor indicators as appropriate and work with the manager to design improvement plans.
• Generate relevant reports and act on reports.
• Identify gaps in service delivery and communicate the challenges and potentials solutions to the Management Team during weekly Team Lead/Management meeting.
• Develop and foster a quality patient/family experience focused environment for Home and Community Care service and other adjunct services.
• Monitor team scheduling and resource allocation and work with the Manager to ensure efficient and appropriate coverage.
• Provide support, education and training required to front line to facilitate collaborative Primary Care collaboration and other Community partnerships.
• Facilitate practice rounds with the front staff and monitor active caseloads, waitlist and provide updates to the manager.
• Facilitate smooth functioning of team by obtaining feedback from team members regarding any barriers to efficient clinical services and following up as needed with managers, team members and support staff to find and implement solutions to identify barriers.
• Maintain currency in the policies and procedure and relevant legislation that impact the clinical practice of his/her respective clinical team.
• Act as training/education lead for identified program areas and other training initiatives.
• Work collaboratively with the Learning Solution Specialists to develop training plans and implementation activities within the teams and across portfolio.
• Provide Subject matter Expertise (SME) on program specific areas and functions specific to the team.
• Develop strategies for team building to obtain buy in.
• Address questions or concerns related to care Coordination raised by the administrative, management team.
• In conjunction with the Manager, develop and maintain clinical resource materials (e.g. client education materials, standardized assessment tools. etc.).
• Monitors and supports new hires to ensure competency levels are being met.
• Uses professional judgment, problem-solving, and mentoring skills to support and assist staff to analyze and respond appropriately to complex patient care situations.
• Ensures that safe, high quality healthcare and/ or services are always patient centered, driven by information and organized for safety.
• Ensures that Home and Community Care staff respect and respond to Patient choice, needs and values.
What must you have?
• University degree (or equivalent) in Social Sciences, Nursing, Health Administration; preference will be given to regulated health professionals (RN, RSW, OT, PT, SLP)
• Licensed member of a Regulated Health Profession.
• A minimum of three (3) years’ experience with community health setting is required.
• Sound knowledge of performance improvement approaches used in healthcare and community care settings.
• Demonstrated project management and tools knowledge.
• Demonstrated change management knowledge and knowledge of business process management.
• Demonstrated operational and sustainability knowledge.
• Advanced knowledge and application of standard Microsoft Office Applications, Microsoft Project, SharePoint and Visio as well as project and portfolio management applications, including database management and data-entry skills.
• Strong communication, management and organization skills to work with Management and front line healthcare staff to identify/prioritize business needs, identify business issues, propose decision options, provide effective status, etc.
• Demonstrated superior human relations skills including the ability to develop and maintain collaborative working relationships, build credibility, consult, influence, persuade, build consensus, coach, and resolve conflicts.
• Strong collaboration, negotiation, conflict resolution and customer service skills.
• Excellent analytical, organizational, planning, facilitation and problem-solving skills required.
• Demonstrates commitment to the Central West HCCSS’s mission and values.
• May require access to vehicle for occasional travel.
• Demonstrates commitment to the Central West HCCSS’s mission and values.
• We have a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy. As a condition of employment, all employees are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination status prior to start date.
What would give you the edge?
- Previous management or supervisory or lead experience highly desired.
- Knowledge and understanding of collective agreements and unionized work environments are considered an asset.
What do we offer?
We know wellness is supported with work-life balance. In an inclusive culture committed to support your passion for continuous learning, growth and innovation, we offer:
- Attractive comprehensive compensation packages and benefits
- Valuable development opportunities
- Membership in a world class defined benefit pension plan
Who are we?
We are Home and Community Care Support Services, ready to serve every person in Ontario. We partner with patients and caregivers, primary care providers, hospitals, long-term care and retirement homes, service providers and Ontario Health Teams, to deliver responsive, accessible, integrated, patient-centred care.
Why join us?
If you’re interested in driving excellence in care and service delivery, and seeking an unparalleled opportunity to lead and learn, partner and connect, care and be cared for, this is your home.
Equity, Inclusion, Diversity and Anti-Racism Commitment
Home and Community Care Support Services is committed to a culture of equity, inclusion, diversity and anti-racism. We are committed to attracting, engaging and developing a workforce that reflects the diverse communities we serve. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodations for persons with disabilities required during the recruitment process are available upon request.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.