Reporting to the Director, Contracts and Relationships, this position provides administrative support to the Director and the Contract Services Team, and monitors service provider contracts for compliance with Home and Community Care Support Services standards and obligations.
MAIN ACTIVITIES - Description of Specific Duties
- Receives, reviews and prioritizes incoming correspondence (i.e. phone calls, mail, email, courier, fax), responding or escalating to relevant team member or business unit for action as appropriate
- Provides logistical preparation for internal and external stakeholder meetings (team meetings, committee meetings, Service Provider meetings, etc.) including scheduling, booking of meeting rooms, distribution of agendas and supporting materials, and transcription of meeting minutes
- Assists with Service Provider site visit planning, applicable quarterly reporting, and correspondence and document tracking and filing
- Maintains updated Service Provider Contact Lists, Management Emergency Contact Lists, and Outlook Distribution Lists
- Establishes and maintains appropriate departmental records, including the updating and maintenance of departmental SharePoint sites (i.e. updating and uploading documents and links) in accordance with HCCSS records management protocols
- Assists with and/or produces presentations, regular and ad hoc reports, and correspondence using a variety of applications and communication mediums, including PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, Databases, and other software programs
- Manages calendar and email of Director, including scheduling of meetings and making adjustments as necessary based on changing needs and priorities
- Identifies and discusses non-routine items with Director, Contracts and Relationships to determine action required and relays instructions to appropriate area; identifies contentious issues that arise, ensuring Director is informed
- Liaises with other Administrative Assistants and Executive Assistants as necessary to resolve administrative problems, implement practices for continuous quality improvement and ensure the smooth running of the department
- Assists with the orientation of new staff and ensures they have necessary supplies and equipment
Provider Performance Monitoring
- Tracks ongoing legislation compliance by Service Providers (i.e. AODA, PHIPA)
- Manages Health Partner Gateway (HPG) System Access and provincial Report Portal Access process for Service Providers
- Inputs and extracts data for leadership review of provincial performance management, using determined performance metrics including 5-day wait time, acceptance/refusal rates, and missed care
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma in conjunction with relevant and related training and certification as a minimum.
- Community College program or Undergraduate degree in Business, Social Services, Health Discipline, or other related field is preferred.
- Minimum of three years previous experience in an office environment with good understanding of office processes and procedures.
- Advanced keyboarding skills and proven proficiency with a variety of software programs in the Microsoft Office Suite, including the ability to use presentation and document development software (i.e. PowerPoint, Visio) and teleconferencing/videoconferencing software (i.e. MS Teams, VOIP telephone system).
- Strong knowledge of Home and Community Care Support Services administrative practices and procedures, including client information system and business objectives and priorities, or demonstrated ability to learn quickly.
- Demonstrated aptitude for continuous quality and process improvement.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a sound knowledge of the English language to facilitate effective communication and collaboration with all levels of internal Home and Community Care Support Services staff and stakeholders, and external stakeholders including Service Providers and members of the public
- French language skill an asset
Physical, Visual, Auditory and Concentration Demands
Ability to sit for an extended period of time for computer use, possession of fine motor skills as it relates to strong and efficient keyboarding skills.
Continuous computer use, and use of additional external computer monitor to ensure accuracy and efficiency as it relates to preparation of reports, presentations, correspondence, and other required materials.
Frequent requirement for listening and participating in team meetings to ensure minutes are accurately captured, [FA2]phone calls, and verbal correspondence with internal and external stakeholders.
Requirement for precision and accuracy as it relates to reporting and review of materials, including proof-reading of contracts and documents, [FA3]often incorporating information from a variety of sources.
Problem Solving/ Complexity
Ability to solve relatively routine problems in a timely and efficient manner.
Provides routine advice and guidance, including troubleshooting assistance, regarding online portals and intranet, and redirects inquiries from internal and external stakeholders to the most appropriate person or team.
Accountability and Decision Making
Offers recommendations, direction, and support to internal and external stakeholders as it relates to clarification on correspondence and provision of reports.
Acting on the general direction of Director and Managers as it relates to supportive functions of the role.
Minimal to moderate level of accountability and decision-making.
Accountable for ensuring applicable deadlines are met, and responsible for liaising with SPOs and other external stakeholders to ensure data submissions are thorough and reviewed as appropriate.
Routine decisions made in relation to provision of information to colleagues, Contracts Team, Director, and external stakeholders, including ability to refer inquiries and requests as appropriate.
Non-supervisory role, no formal leadership requirements. Position responsibilities include providing on-the-job advice, guidance, and feedback to colleagues, and escalation of information to Contracts Team and Director. Additional responsibilities include providing orientation to new employees and on-the-job training to new team members
Hybrid working environment, combination of office work and remote work.
Minimal potential exposure to undesirable working conditions.
Home and Community Care Support Services Central is committed to providing support to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process. Candidates requiring accommodation should advise Human Resources. Support will be provided in accordance with the applicant's needs and in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibilities for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.