At Home and Community Care Support Services Toronto Central, we want all of our employees to feel valued, appreciated and free to be who they are at work. That is why we are intentionally committed to equity, inclusion, diversity and anti-racism by providing an accessible and inclusive work place for all persons.
If you have a passion for health care and for working as part of a supportive and collaborative team of professionals in Toronto and across the province, Home and Community Care Support Services Toronto Central is your new home.
The Project Specialist will be responsible for collaborating across the organization with regard to the planning and implementation of corporate projects including the creation and maintenance of projects plans and schedules. In addition, the Project Specialist will assist in the management and monitoring of project plans, schedules, status reports and budgets, and be responsible for leading project risk management, communication and facilitating a variety of project meetings. The Project Specialist will be responsible for coordinating all administrative aspects, particularly tracking and status reporting related to projects in support of the Strategy Management Office / Project Management Office. The Project Specialist may also be responsible for leading simple to moderately complex projects of small to medium scope, at provincial, regional or local levels, including working on projects that help prepare for more integrated service delivery in partnership with Ontario Health Team members.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with all areas of the organization in the planning and implementation of projects
- Ensure that all projects follow SMO/PMO processes from Project Initiation to Project Close
- Exercise indirect influence to support and motivate project team members in the completion of work deliverables within schedule parameters
- Build positive working relationships with project stakeholders that result in consistent positive customer satisfaction
- Perform project scope definition and management
- Lead and conduct requirements gathering and analysis utilizing various techniques to engage stakeholders and key subject matter experts
- Identify and track project tasks and status and performance metrics, in collaboration with the Project Sponsor
- Lead project monitoring and control
- Perform project schedule definition and management
- Record and maintain lessons learned providing recommendations to support and implement changes for continuous improvement
- Create and maintain project plans, schedules, and status reports independently and in collaboration with other team members as required
- Identify, and record project risks and develop recommendations for risk mitigation in collaboration with project stakeholders
- Maintain project risk, issue and change control logs ensuring that actions and decisions are recorded and addressed, following SMO/PMO process
- Analyze project change requests for their impact on the project and raising concerns as appropriate
- Work with functional managers and project leads to identify project resource requirements and work effort estimates, revising and forecasting estimates in collaboration with Projects Leads as required, in order to support project prioritization and resource planning
- Support project communication management, ensuring succinct and timely communication with all stakeholders
- Develop and execute against an approved Project Management Plan
- Perform document management, including document revision and versioning, and archiving of project and SMO/PMO materials
- Facilitate project meetings and produce/distribute meeting documents as required
- Ensure accurate tracking and reporting of project progress, including analyzing and consolidating project data and preparing reports
- Contribute toward improving project management methods and practices, including the development of tools and processes.
Education, Training & Experience
- Undergraduate Baccalaureate degree Health Care, Business or other relevant field; Master’s Degree is an asset.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) designation or relevant PMI certification is an asset
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of relevant experience
- Must have clear, concise, and accurate communication skills in English, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated experience in the area of project management and familiar with various project management tools, techniques, and methodologies
- Knowledge of and experience in the area of portfolio management and strategic planning considered an asset
- Knowledge of and experience with SharePoint platform or other similar system
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, Project and MS Teams
- Experience in business process improvement and process modeling with Microsoft Visio
- Experience with graphic design, web design or technical writing experience is an asset
- Business insight and modelling to understand functional requirements and processes
- Strong influencing, negotiation and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and set priorities
- Ability to perform multiple tasks among various projects while maintaining deadlines in accordance with organization standards
- Experience in a healthcare environment preferred.
Home and Community Care Support Services Toronto Central is committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise Human Resources during the recruitment process.