Ontario’s health care system is evolving and, as part of Ontario Health, the Central West Local Health Integration Network (LHIN) operating under the business name Home and Community Care Support Services Central West, in close partnership with Ontario Health Teams (OHTs), is on the forefront of helping to build a modern, technologically supported health care system that will enable integrated teams of health care professionals to deliver the best possible care for improved patient outcomes. By building high-performing integrated care delivery systems that provide seamless, fully coordinated care for patients, OHTs will help to achieve better outcomes for patients across the province. As an essential component of an integrated and sustainable health care system, this includes a strong and robust Home and Community Care sector.
More than ever, your skills and experience are needed now and into the future, which is why we want you to join us in being part of the journey. We invite you to learn more about OHTs in our area by clicking here. The future of health care in Ontario is now. Join Ontario Health’s Home and Community Care Support Services Central West team and together, we will build a healthier community for all.
We are currently seeking a Regular Full-time Strategy Office Consultant.
Reporting to the Director, Strategy, Integration & Planning, the Strategy Office Consultant will provide strategy subject matter expertise across all portfolios and work together to effectively support, integrate and align planning and implementation of transformational strategic initiatives in support of a patient-centered health system within the region and across the province. This position supports strategy management processes throughout the organization, including development, implementation and monitoring of the Annual Business Plan (ABP) and coaching and knowledge transfer to ensure collective ownership for strategy management and the deliverables within the ABP. This position develops and implements portfolio and project management best practice, inclusive of practices, tools, processes and methodologies to support execution of strategic projects.
Responsibilities may include the following:
• Works in partnership with the Director to establish and evolve the Strategy Management Office and related functions within the Home and Community Care Support Services Central West.
• Establish and implement processes throughout the organization, including development, implementation and monitoring of Annual Business Plan.
• Promotes integration, coordination and service innovation in developing the strategic and operational plan and associated processes.
• Supports the team’s collective efforts to develop and align the organizational work plan with a view to knowledge transfer and integration across portfolios, resource optimization, and delivering on local/provincial/ministry priorities.
• Works closely with other portfolios to ensure integration and alignment between strategy, communications, engagement and governance, quality, resources/financing, performance, outcomes and direct care, and related tools and processes.
• Monitors, evaluates and reports on strategic planning and the organizational work, and ensures achievement of business and project objectives.
• Establishes and leads a process to ensure the successful execution of the strategic and operating plan by identifying areas of concern and posing possible solutions.
• Champions the development and implementation of a whole organization approach to project management, inclusive of practices, tools, processes and methodologies to support execution of strategic projects.
• Leads or supports the planning and implementation of identified initiatives at the request of the Director or Vice President.
• Supports the Strategy Management Office team to participate in the development and successful implementation of annual priorities in alignment with the organizational priorities, and to implement and monitor tools and processes that enable the delivery of high quality and safe services.
• Reviews, assesses and/or recommends policy, procedures and/or programs that best meet the needs of the organization
• Provides advice on departmental issues and challenges to both senior management and/or Home and Community Care Support Services Central West employees
• Provides leadership to designated work groups, programs and/or committees as required, within the Home and Community Care Support Services Central West organization and with health system partners.
• Strong relationship management skills, including engaging, communicating with and collaborating with internal stakeholders and health system partners.
• Establishes informal leadership and strategy management expertise within Home and Community Care Support Services Central West, for the purpose of knowledge transfer, coaching on best practices and an integrated approach/alignment.
• Represents Home and Community Care Support Services Central West in conferences and meetings.
• Collaborates with stakeholders in the implementation of initiatives, plans and programs.
• Employs consensus building skills to ensure the most beneficial outcomes to the department.
• Develops and maintains collaborative relationships at all levels of the organization to ensure the most effective services are provided.
• Models and coaches to sensitivity and political acuity in all interactions
Other Related Activities
• Exemplifies behaviours, actions and attitudes that are consistent with Home and Community Care Support Services’ vision, mission and values. Leads self, engages others, and achieves results, continuous quality improvement and excellence in all activities and outcomes.
• Works in compliance with the provisions of the Occupational Health and Safety Act of Ontario and the regulations and adheres to health and safety policies/ practices developed and implemented by Home and Community Care Support Services Central West.
• Actively participates and where appropriate, leads internal and/or external committees as required.
• Participates in mandatory learning/education to maintain and update skills and knowledge whenever deemed necessary.
• Works respectfully, positively and collaboratively within a team environment sharing experiences and lessons learned.
• University degree in Health Sciences, Health or Business Administration or related field
• Three to five years progressive experience in Strategy and/or Project Management Demonstrated experience and success in developing, implementing and monitoring annual business plans
• Demonstrated experience and success in strategic planning, project management and leading large, complex change initiatives
• Adept in the use of MS Office applications (e.g., Project, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Understanding and commitment to quality service and best practice
• Flexible, adaptable and responsive to change
• Solid facilitation and presentation skills
• Self-directed with an ability to organize, plan, prioritize and multi-task
• Excellent critical thinking abilities, analyzing information, problem-solving and making good decisions effectively
• Knowledge of the Ontario health care system and related legislation
• Strong knowledge of the current role and service of community partners in order to identify gaps and determine future needs
• Thorough understanding of the evolving role of the Home and Community Care Support Services within the healthcare sector and their impact on the development of Home and Community Care Support Services priorities
• In-depth knowledge of Home and Community Care Support Services Central West business strategies, objectives, priorities and programs, and related priorities and plans
• Highly effective written, oral communication and interpersonal skills providing constructive, meaningful and timely interaction with all levels of staff
• Sensitive to working in a culturally diverse environment
• Ability to interact with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
• Solid mentoring, coaching and communication skills to provide instructions and guidance to staff with respect to activities, challenges and questions
• Ability to deal with highly sensitive and personal information in a confidential manner
• Change management skills to identify and provide support needed to achieve objectives
• Effective communication skills to establish and maintain a range of contacts with health professionals, service providers and organizations within the community
• Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
• Strong relationship management skills, including engaging, communicating with and collaborating with stakeholders
• Able to present technical data in non-technical terms to different audiences
• Works with a variety of staff and or vendors in a positive, cooperative manner
• Ability to communicate in French or another language an asset
• Demonstrates commitment to Home and Community Care Support Services’ mission, vision and values.
Home and Community Care Support Services Central West has offices in Brampton, Etobicoke and Orangeville.
Home and Community Care Support Services has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for all employees. As a condition of employment, successful applicants will be required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination status prior to start date.
WHO WE ARE
Home and Community Care Support Services (formerly LHINs) play a key role in Ontario’s health care system. Working in partnership with patients, families, providers and community organizations, Home and Community Care Support Services ensure people have access to the health care they need — at home and in the community.
A mosaic of geographic and cultural diversity, and home to 922,000+ residents, Home and Community Care Support Services Central West provides supportive health care services for the regions of Brampton, Caledon, Dufferin, Malton, North Etobicoke and West Woodbridge. Our focus is on creating a better experience for patients and those who care for them.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are career-minded and an ambitious person seeking a chance to be part of a team that’s truly making a difference in the lives of others, please apply on-line.
We are committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise Human Resources during the recruitment process.
We are governed by the requirements of the French Language Services Act and, therefore, encourage applications from bilingual candidates. Posting available in French upon request.
Home and Community Care Support Services has implemented a mandatory vaccination policy across the province that requires all staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Applicants being considered for employment will be required to provide proof of vaccination documentation confidentially to Human Resources upon hire. Any medical or human rights exemption requests will be reviewed and validated prior to an offer of employment.