Home and Community Care Support Services South West is seeking a Payroll Assistant!
As a member of the Corporate Services team, the Payroll Assistant is responsible for ensuring a secure and fiscally accurate payroll system for the organization, including development, implementation, and maintenance of the payroll system. Primary areas of responsibility include payroll services, reporting and training. This is a permanent full time opportunity.
This opportunity is located in London, Ontario. While some elements of the role are currently being performed remotely, the successful incumbent will be required to regularly report to HCCSS South West’s London location.
What will you do?
As the Payroll Assistant, you will:
- Play an active role in the configuration and maintenance of the payroll system, annual reconciliations, and remittances for all statutory, pension/benefit, union deductions.
- Process payroll: oversee calculations such as premiums, overtime, and salary rate changes; calculate, code and process information on hires, transfers, leaves, and terminations; verify the accuracy of deductions.
- Design, implement, manage, and ensure the data integrity and security of payroll.
- Provide orientation to new staff and re-orientation to existing staff on the payroll, providing support to management on the same.
- Liaise with software provider and external agencies to ensure timely processing of payroll adjustments and resolution of discrepancies.
- Prepare all monthly, bi-monthly, and year-end reports, not limited to, but including: vacation, sick leave, banked over time, floats, personal leave hours, and stat holidays.
- Respond to Auditors’ requests for information.
- T4 preparation, reconciliation and distribution.
- Ensure deductions are accurate and reconciles for major medical, dental AD&D, etc.
- Prepare and remit monthly statements and premiums to various entities (e.g., EHT, union, pension, WSIB, etc.).
- Issue Records of Employment.
- Provide support in completing benefits/pension forms as required, and input all necessary information for payroll.
- Provide back up to Finance Coordinator in times of absence (i.e. reconciling and sending payroll files to the bank).
What must you have?
- Greater than one (1) year Post-secondary in Accounting or Payroll, or the equivalent combination of education.
- Payroll certification required.
- Greater than six (6) months’ relevant experience.
- Advanced knowledge of payroll requirements, including CCRA payroll rules, year-end reporting, EHT, WSIB etc.
- Knowledge of the organization’s benefits plan, and the role of providers and related government agencies.
- Knowledge of the organization’s collective agreement entitlements, as well as related legislation such as Employment Standards Act and Canada Labour Code.
- Understanding of general accounting practices regarding journal entries, reconciliation, and reporting.
- Knowledge of HRIS and payroll processing systems with respect to processing information and generating reports.
- Solid understanding of Corporate Services department policies and procedures.
- Extensive advanced knowledge and proficiency with MS Office applications.
What would give you an advantage?
- Ability to speak French or another second language.
Who we are:
Home and Community Care Support Services South West is one of 14 Home and Community Care Support Services organizations in Ontario with a focused mandate to deliver local health care services such as home and community care and long-term care home placement. These organizations were previously known as Local Health Integration Networks at a time when they also led local health care planning and funding, and those functions are now part of Ontario Health. Learn more at www.healthcareathome.ca/southwest.
Our organization is a recipient of the 2019 Canada’s Healthy Workplace Month Great Employers Award, making it a recognized organization in supporting employee health and safety.
How do I apply?
Please visit www.HealthCareAtHomeJobs.ca to submit your resume and cover letter. Application deadline is 16 July 2022 at 23:59 hours.
We are committed to a culture that values diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities, and are committed to providing accommodation as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise Human Resources during the recruitment process.
Home and Community Care Support Services values the health and safety of its employees and is committed to the prevention of COVID-19 exposure and transmission of infection to employees, patients, caregivers, volunteers, visitors and residents. As a requirement of Home and Community Care Support Services’ Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, all employees must be considered fully vaccinated for COVID-19.