Home and Community Care Support Services Central is responsible for delivering home and community care support services for over 1.8 million people living in northern Toronto, parts of Etobicoke, York Region and South Simcoe County. We work with people of all ages to ensure they can make informed choices about their care, when and where they need it, and we also provide useful information about local community support service agencies, and link people to these providers to arrange services.
As a Senior Administrative Assistant, you will be responsible for providing high-level administrative support to the Vice President, Quality and Safety, as well as providing float support to other senior-level staff when required.
- Coordinates all administrative functions for the Vice President, Quality and Safety, including assignment of tasks and coordination of administrative support.
- Manages logistics for meetings, including scheduling, minute-taking, logistics, material distribution and conference support.
- Coordinates the development of complete and accurate agenda packages.
- Supports Board committees, as required.
- Supports Provincial initiatives and programs, as required.
- Assists in reviewing and editing materials for internal and/or external stakeholders.
- Routes a high volume of correspondence appropriately and with attention to detail and timelines.
- Researches/prepares/coordinates responses to a wide range of complex issues (e.g., briefing notes).
- Assesses project deliverables from the team, tracks progress, and evaluates timeline risks.
- Maintains appropriate departmental files and information control over a high volume of documents.
- Initiates, plans and carries out a variety of special projects, as required.
- Liaises with the Ministry and Health Service Providers on time-sensitive reporting issues to ensure deadlines are met.
- Develops and maintains relationships, working in collaboration with other Senior Assistants.
- Provides administrative back-up and cross-coverage for/within the Administrative team.
- Coordinates the collection and maintenance of relevant statistics, including development of a variety of statistical spreadsheets, graphs and reports.
- Independently responds to routine queries and requests from Home and Community Care Support Services and various partners on behalf of the Vice President, and Directors.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in administration, business, communications, public relations or a related discipline, and at least 3 years’ senior support experience, or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Experience in healthcare is an asset;
- Senior professional administrative experience;
- High energy with a positive attitude;
- Demonstrated experience working in complex environments requiring critical thinking;
- Ability to perform complex administrative work requiring the use of independent judgement;
- Superior skills in Microsoft Office Suite;
- Superior writing and editing skills, and demonstrated oral communication and interpersonal skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Self-starter with proven ability to take initiative to resolve issues;
- Proven ability to set priorities and meet established deadlines;
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and deal with highly sensitive issues with diplomacy and discretion;
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; and
- Bilingualism in French and English is an asset.
Note: While the office is located at 11 Allstate Parkway, Markham, ON, the opportunity currently exists to work in a hybrid model.
If this challenging and rewarding opportunity appeals to you, please apply online.
For more information on Home and Community Care Support Services Central, visit http://healthcareathome.ca/central/en/who/Pages/home.aspx.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Individuals with a disability requiring accommodation during the application and/or the interview process should advise the recruitment contact so arrangements can be made.